- Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America | Cato Institute
- If I was President of the World, I Would | The Global Conversation
- Russia’s New Ability To Evade NSA Surveillance Is Either A Crazy Coincidence Or Something Much Worse | Business Insider
- Climate Change: ‘Abrupt,’ ‘Unpredictable,’ ‘Irreversible’ and ‘Highly Damaging’ | Bill Moyers
- The truth is out: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it | The Guardian
- Preface to the First Edition
- §1 Introduction
- §2 Arrest, Initial Appearance, and Arraignment
- §3 Constitutional Rights of Pre-Trial Detainees and Prisoners
- §4 Right to Effective Council
- §5 Faretta Hearing and Self-Representation
- §6 Pre-Trial Motions, Discovery, and Hearings
- §7 Memorandum of Plea Agreement
- §8 Preparations for Trial
- §9 Judgment of Acquittal or Arrest of Judgment
- §10 New Trial
- §11 Withdrawal of Guilty Plea
- §12 Claim for Ineffective Assistance of Counsel
- §13 Claim of Prosecutorial Misconduct
- §14 Sentencing
- §15 Direct Appeals
- §16 Standards of Review
- §17 Motion to Vacate, Set Aside, or Correct a Sentence
- §18 Writ of Habeas Corpus
- §19 Writ of Coram Nobis
- §20 Federal Bureau of Prison Rules, Policies, and Practices
- Resource Directory
- The School-to-Prison Pipeline Starts in Preschool | BillMoyers.comThe school-to-prison pipeline, to my mind, is the most insidious arm of this country’s prison-industrial complex. Under the guise of protecting our children, we push many of them out of school and into prisons, limit their opportunities, fail to and/or undereducate them, all while feeding our addiction to mass incarceration and retribution that is not justic […]
- DEA, IRS raid Denver area pot businesses | NBC NewsFederal agents raided an unknown number of marijuana dispensaries and growing sites in Colorado Thursday, confiscating piles of marijuana plants and cartons of cannabis-infused drinks just weeks before the state allows recreational marijuana retailers to open their doors.
- Why Russia No Longer Fears the West - Ben Judah | Politico MagazineWestern leaders are stunned because they haven’t realized Russia’s owners no longer respect Europeans the way they once did after the Cold War. Russia thinks the West is no longer a crusading alliance. Russia thinks the West is now all about the money.
- Ex-Prez Jimmy Carter -- I Won't Email Because The NSA Is Spying On Me! | TMZ.comFormer US President Jimmy Carter is so convinced the U.S. is monitoring his movements ... he won't send emails when he communicates with foreign leaders. Carter was angry about what he believes are gross abuses on the part of the NSA ... so he said Sunday on "Meet the Press." It didn't seem theoretical ...he really believes he's bein […]
- Russia Evading NSA And Snowden | Business InsiderIn July, primary Snowden source Glenn Greenwald told The Associated Press that Snowden "is in possession of literally thousands of documents that contain very specific blueprints that would allow somebody who read them to know exactly how the NSA does what it does, which would in turn allow them to evade that surveillance or replicate it." So it […]
- If I was President of the World I Would by Neale Donald Walsch | The Global ConversationThe people of the Crimean Peninsula have spoken, in an election that the world must assume was largely untainted by coercion or ballot-box stuffing or other corruptions. The result was never in doubt in any event, as more than 60% of the residents of Crimea are Russian speakers and are deeply embedded in the Russian culture. That majority wants to be part of […]
- Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity
- Tell the USDA that GMO Crops Can't Coexist with Organic Crops | Food & Water WatchThe USDA wants to know if genetically engineered and organic and non-GMO can coexist. The truth is, GMO crops will contaminate organic crops, and the burden to stop contamination should be on Monsanto, not farmers. We need to tell USDA Secretary Vilsack that coexistence cannot exist.
- Sunshine Week: Transparency issues persist with Obama administration | Washington PostSunday marked the start of Sunshine Week, a time when government-transparency advocates promote their cause and issue reports gauging the openness of federal agencies. The findings have never been great for the current administration, which promised to be the most transparent in history on the day President Obama took office. In recent years, most agencies h […]
- The truth is out: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it | David Graeber | Comment is free | theguardian.comBack in the 1930s, Henry Ford is supposed to have remarked that it was a good thing that most Americans didn't know how banking really works, because if they did, "there'd be a revolution before tomorrow morning". Last week, something remarkable happened. The Bank of England let the cat out of the bag. In a paper called "Money Creati […]
- The School-to-Prison Pipeline Starts in Preschool | BillMoyers.com
- Deep in the Tell-Tale Heart of the Texas GOP | On Democracy | BillMoyers.comWe give you the official 2014 platform of the Republican Party of Texas, 40 pages of unrestrained, right-wing bluster against you name it — women, minorities, immigrants, Muslims, gays, Obamacare, the Internal Revenue Service, red light cameras, the EPA, the World Bank, vaccinations — well, you get the picture. In the spirit of the Alamo, this is a work stra […]
- 15 Powerful Quotes From the World's Most Humble President | MicKnown for his unusual frankness, fiery oration and bold leadership to turn ideas into action, the 78-year-old leader possesses and practices the very characteristics that many world leaders fail to emulate. He has also garnered international acclaim for his progressive policies, down-to-earth personality and simple presentation, which has earned him a reputa […]
- Install Greenhouse | Expose Political CorruptionA free browser extension for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox that exposes the role money plays in Congress. Displays on any web page detailed campaign contribution data for every Senator and Representative, including total amount received and breakdown by industry and by size of donation. Puts vital data where it’s most relevant so you can discover the real impa […]
- Segment: Jim Hightower on the Rise of Populism | Moyers & Company | BillMoyers.comWall Street rules, dark money pervades politics and Congress is beholden to corporate America. As Bill puts it: “The robber barons have won.” But writer and commentator Jim Hightower sees hope as grassroots groups working on separate issues in their communities find themselves uniting around a common cause: economic, political and social justice.
- America (2014) | IMDbA story that imagines that the United States lost the Revolutionary War and therefore never existed.
- Iraq: The War Card | BillMoyers.comAs part of its investigation into the false statements made by top Bush administration officials leading up to the Iraq war, the Center for Public Integrity has just released an interactive database where you can search who said what, when.
- 10 companies profiting most from war - military suppliers - MSN MoneyWar has been called the parent of armies, which are a root of debt and taxes. But armed conflict is profitable for those who supply the weapons.
- Angela Y. Davis on what's radical in the 21st century } Los Angeles Timesorty-five years after her first UCLA teaching gig attracted the wrath of Gov. Ronald Reagan, Angela Y. Davis is back on campus this semester, as regents' lecturer in the gender studies department. Her Thursday address in Royce Hall, about feminism and prison abolition, sums up some but not all of her work — a long academic career paralleled by radical a […]
- John Lennon: Rare Interview About The Illuminati (Video) | AlternativeStumbled upon a lost interview with John Lennon, who discusses, quite candidly, the Illuminati and how they work the entertainment industry. This stunning interview is worthy of a watch or 2. In 1969, a 14 year old Beatle fanatic named Jerry Levitan snuck into John Lennon’s hotel room in Toronto and convinced him to do an interview. Lennon talks about Peace […]
- Michael Ruppert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaMichael C. Ruppert (February 3, 1951) was an American author, a former Los Angeles Police Department officer, and peak oil awareness advocate.
- Deep in the Tell-Tale Heart of the Texas GOP | On Democracy | BillMoyers.com
Become an ICR Partner
Become an ICR Advertiser
Become an ICR Sponsor
- 87,308 hits